Share your experiences of children's services
The Children’s Society has joined forced with Action for Children, Barnardo’s, National Children’s Bureau and the NSPCC to call on the Government to address the lack of funding for children’s services.
Children’s services in England are at breaking point and we want to make sure that they have enough funding to continue supporting our children. We need decision-makers to understand how children’s services impact people’s lives. That’s why we’re asking for your experiences – because we know that people’s stories are powerful and persuasive.
Children’s Services covers a very broad range of help and support, and can include:
- Sure Start and early years support (e.g. day care and parenting classes)
- Children’s centres
- Youth work/youth clubs
- Support for disabled children and their families
- Counselling and group therapy
- Preventing or supporting children experiencing exploitation
- Family support workers
- Drug and alcohol support
- Fostering or adoption
- Support for young carers
- Support for asylum-seeking children
- Supported accommodation for young people leaving care or without a home
- Employment, training and skills
- Much more!